Soft Codec Conferencing System
The AT-UHD-HDVS-300-KIT provides AV switching, USB and HDMI extension, plus system control for huddle spaces and meeting rooms using PC-based conferencing codecs such as Skype®, WebEx®, and GoToMeeting®. The transmitter and receiver kit offers five video inputs shared between both devices for HDMI, DisplayPort, and analog video signals. To simplify conference room device management, the kit provides three USB type B connectors for host computers. Two built-in USB hubs, one on the transmitter and one on the receiver, allow for numerous Human Interface Devices (HID) as well as USB cameras and microphones. For the HDMI inputs, the AT-UHD-HDVS-300-KIT is compatible with Ultra High Definition sources and displays up to 4K/UHD @ 60 Hz with 4:2:0 color subsampling. All audio, video, data, control, USB, and Ethernet transmission between the two devices is carried over a single, Ethernet-enabled HDBaseT link up to 328 feet (100 meters).
Simple meetings demand simple systems. Attendees want to walk into a meeting space, open their laptop, and start a cloud-based conference. But to get quality results, systems are designed with AV Extenders, USB extenders, USB hubs, remote controls, cameras, microphones and all the associated cable runs. The AT-UHD-HDVS-300-KIT was designed to eliminate the clutter and system complexity in huddle spaces and meeting rooms where USB cameras and microphones are incorporated into professional AV systems with just two devices and a single category cable. This kit also excels in hybrid rooms where a traditional HDVS system is required for one meeting but also for rooms needed cloud-based conferencing.
The AT-UHD-HDVS-300-KIT also supports the Atlona Management System (AMS), a powerful network software platform that integrates product configuration, management and updating. Specially designed for IP-controllable Atlona Products, the Atlona Management System reduces installation time and enables remote monitoring and support. To learn more please visit AT-SW-AMS.
Automatic Display Control
Offering first-of-its-kind display capabilities, the AT-UHD-HDVS-300-KIT allows display control using CEC, TCP/IP or RS-232 signals. This means that many more types of displays can be controlled, costs are reduced, and that wiring is simplified. In a commercial setting, when a switcher is integrated with a display, the AT-UHD-HDVS-300-KIT forces the display to power on automatically when a laptop is connected. At the end of the presentation, when the presenter disconnects the laptop, the AT-UHD-HDVS-300-KIT forces the display to power off. Ease of presenter interaction with the system and the savings incurred by auto-display shutdown provide a significant return on investment.
- CEC – The AT-UHD-HDVS-300-KIT features Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) providing simplified display control for a significant reduction in the cost of the display (compared to an RS-232 controlled display). CEC is a communication channel incorporated in the HDMI specification allowing connected devices to control each other.
- TCP/IP – The AT-UHD-HDVS-300-KIT can send TCP/IP control signals to a display. It can also pass Ethernet control signals from a third-party control system.
- RS-232 – Many displays including projectors, commercial flat panel displays, and some consumer displays can be controlled using the RS-232 signal directly from the switcher. The receiver is able to send commands using RS-232 for automatic display control to compatible displays.
- FLEXIBLE, POWER BUTTON – The power button on the front panel can be set to either turn the AT-UHD-HDVS-300-KIT on/off or it can be set to control the attached display. In addition to using the front panel power button, display on/off commands can be triggered automatically based on presence of video signals, or by a third-party control system using either TCP/IP, RS-232, or IR signals.
- SWITCHER OR DISPLAY VOLUME CONTROL – Volume control buttons on the front panel can control the volume of any device that allows volume control using TCP/IP or RS-232, such as a flat panel display, DSP, or another switcher. This gives great flexibility to the system design.
- MULTIPLE POINTS OF CONTROL – Since all these commands can be sent using TCP/IP, it becomes simple to have multiple control points in a larger system. The AT-UHD-HDVS-300-KIT could be used as an input device for an AT-UHD-CLSO-824 and the buttons would then be able to manage a variety of functions such as “Show me” and volume.
Automatic input selection on the AT-UHD-HDVS-300-KIT detects an active video signal, rather than looking for the 5-volt, hot plug signal. This means that devices such as DVRs, DisplayPort adaptors and other devices that keep the 5-volt hot, no longer trigger the automatic input selection. This gives far more reliable performance with these products.
The AT-UHD-HDVS-300-KIT is ideal for:
- Soft Codec teleconferences using Skype, WebEx, GoToMeeting, Bluejeans™ and others where the room is configured with a display and web cam at the front plus a USB mic near the presenters. The switcher/transmitter is placed near the presenters offering multiple AV signal types for several presenter laptops. The USB mic and any HIDs are plugged into the transmitter and signals are sent over HDBaseT to the receiver. The slim and compact receiver is placed behind the display where the USB camera is plugged in and is recognized by the laptop plugged into the transmitter. HDMI and control connections are made to the display from the receiver.
Configured and Managed by AMS
The AT-HDVS-300-KIT also supports the Atlona Management System (AMS), a powerful network software platform that integrates product configuration, management and updating. Specially designed for IP-controllable Atlona Products, the Atlona Management System reduces installation time and enables remote monitoring and support. To learn more please visit AT-SW-AMS.