SURFiR companion remote
The SURFiR companion remote represents a revolutionary new concept in control - allow users to incorporate Apple ® or Android® devices as the main graphical interface for their control system, while adding the convenience of hard buttons for tactile control. This eliminates the numerous screen swipes needed for control tasks that require frequent interaction such as channel changes, DVR control or volume adjustments. The SURFiR allows the user to enjoy the other benefits of their smart phone or tablet device: checking email, reading news feeds, accessing social media, etc. To further enhance the experience for the user, the SURFiR can track which electronic device is being controlled by the RTiPanel app and automatically controls the same. Powerful and intuitive control in an inexpensive package - everything you desire in a companion remote.
NOTE: SURFiR does not have IR capability. Also, an RM-433 433MHz antenna or ZM-24 2.4GHz Transceiver Module and an XP series control processor must be used with this model of remote. When used with an XP-3 control processor, 2.4GHz Zigbee RF must be used. 433MHz RF is NOT supported with XP-3 via the RM-433.
- Provides a companion remote for use with the RTiPanel and Virtual Panel apps.
- Tracks page changes to stay in sync with one or more apps.
- Dual RF transmission capability uses 433MHz and 2.4GHz (utilizing Zigbee® technology).
- Remote finder beeper allows user to easily locate SURFiR by pressing a button on their smart phone or tablet.
- Ergonomic design permits effortless, one-handed operation.
- Completely customizable and programmable.
- Security screw on battery door for hotel applications.
- Inexpensive and requires no direct programming.*
- Includes eight buttons that can be custom labeled.
- Select between 433MHz and 2.4GHz RF operation.
- Works with any XP series control processor.
- Battery low indicator.
- Uses 4 AAA batteries.
* There is no USB port on the SURFiR. Programming is done in Integration Designer which generates a "code key" that is input on remote keypad.